The 6th Asian Waldorf Teachers' Conference 2015
Please note that those who practice Waldorf education for students up to 21 years old in Asia are eligible for participating in AWTC.
The fee includes:
- Training session
- Meals(from 25 Apr to 1 May). If you are not participating in an optional tour and you plan to have dinner on Tuesday 28 April at the conference venue, please specify that you require dinner that night when you register on the first day of the conference.
The fee does NOT include:
- Medical Insurance – please make sure that you are covered by your home country.
- Air Fare
- Transaction fees or commissions by banks or any other kind
- Transportation from the airport to the Fujino venue
- Optional Tour Fee
Rental of Interpretation Equipment – Available for
JPY1,500 JPY2,000 for the period of your stay in Fujino. JPY5,000 is required for deposit upon collection of the equipment. If you need to rent an interpretation equipment, please specify on the online application form.
If you need interpreting services in your language at the conference room for keynote lectures, etc., please arrange an interpreter on your own (please note that the interpreter will be required to be registered as a participant).
The method must be whispered interpreting; if you have multiple listeners, please use intercoms, which will be available at the conference room (rent for a fee). If you wish to use intercoms, please fill in the applicable section of the registration form.
The intercom has 6 available channels, 1 of which will be exclusively used as a Japanese channel. In order to effectively use the remaining 5 channels, a priority will be given to groups with more users.
We will provide Japanese interpreters. Those who need interpreting into Japanese can sign up for intercoms.
Link to the school registration form, then register your school by completing the form and submitting it online. School registration is prerequisite to the ability for individual applicants from that school to register. School registration is required only one time.
→ [School registration form]
Individual applicants should link to the individual registration form, then register yourself by completing the form and submitting it online.
→ [Application form]
- We will send you a confirmation email upon receiving your individual registration.
- Once we confirm your registration form, we will send you information on the participation fee and the bank account via email. Please complete your payment as soon as possible.
- We will contact those who requested a visa and start a visa application process.
- Your registration will be finally confirmed once the payment process is completed. Make sure that you receive confirmation of the payment from the registrar.
- We will inform you which workshops you will be attending once we confirm your spots.
- If you have any questions, please send us an email or fax. No inquiries will be accepted by phone.
- An early-bird discount of JPY 2,000 is applicable for payments made BY 22 JAN 2015. Regular payments must be made BY 19 FEB 2015.
- If you meet the deadline for the early-bird discount, JPY2,000 will be deducted from the listed price.
- The assignment of Workshops will be announced sometime prior to the event.
- For accommodation and workshops, please fill in your first through third choices in the form. Your requests will be placed and assigned on "first come, first serve" basis.
- If you would like to rent an exhibition space at the venue, please let us know in the designated part of the registration form.
For any inquiries about obtaining a Visa, please refer here:
→ [Visa information]
- Please be informed that photographs and videos will be taken throughout the event. Please kindly note that those photographs and films may be shown in public without any further notice.
Fees & Accommodation
The fees shown below are regular prices. An early-bird discount is applicable for registrations made within the early-bird period. If you meet the deadline for the early-bird discount, JPY2,000 will be deducted from the listed price.
In order to help the costs of international participants, those who register from Japan will be charged additional JPY10,000 (surcharge for participants residing in Japan). We appreciate your kind understanding.
STAY: Fujino Waldorf School, Yoshino Building(Stay free). Bring your own sleeping bag, but if you cannot, rental sleeping gear is available at JPY2,000 for the period of your stay.
STAY: Cabin / dormitory room for 4-10 people per room
STAY: Japanese Style Hotel (ryokan) / a 12-person shared dormitory room, and an 18-person shared dormitory room
STAY: Japanese Style Hotel (ryokan) / 3-person and 4-person shared rooms
- Participants who need no accommodation: JPY35,000
- Participants living in Japan will be charged an extra JPY10,000
Please send the amount in U.S. Dollars so that, based on the USD/JPY exchange rate at the time of your remittance, the appropriate amount is received in U.S. Dollars. If any banking fees (or changes in the exchange rate) result in underpayment or overpayment, we will require or provide an adjustment payment on the first day of the conference.
Participants must bear the cost of the remittance fee. Please instruct the bank to charge you for the remittance fee. DO NOT have the bank deduct the remittance fee from the money you are transferring.
Description of Accommodation
Fujino Waldorf School Yoshino Building(total sleeping capacity 120 people)
- Classroom – 15 people per room x 4 rooms
- Music Room – 20 people x 1 room
- Art & Craft Room – 10 people x 2 rooms
- Gymnasium – 20 people x 1 room
- * The library will be arranged as a lounge room
Stay at Fujino Waldorf School's Yoshino building, which is the school building used by grades 9-12.
Generally, all the rooms are shared by approximately 10-15 people (except a maximum of 20 will share the Gymnasium).
The Yoshino building is a 15-minute bus ride from the Nagura Building, where all the events for AWTC 2015 will be held. The Yoshino building is a 20 minute walk from the Fujino (JR) train station.
There is a general store (a convenience store) that is a 5-minute walk from the Yoshino building.
- A shower room is available at the Gymnasium and a temporary shower will be placed at the main building. Laundry and tea sets will be arranged in the hallway of the main building.
- Rental sleeping gear (mattress, blanket, linen, etc) is available. If you do not wish to rent sleeping gear, please bring your own sleeping bag.
Access to the venue: A free shuttle bus will be provided to and from the venue.
Homestay(total sleeping capacity 30 people)
Stay with the family of a Fujino Waldorf School student. Each family will host 1-4 people.
Please note that conditions will vary from home to home. Breakfast may be served by some families.
Access to the venue: Free pick-up and drop-off service will be provided by one of the host family members.
Cabin(NISSHOU-EN)(total sleeping capacity 73 people)
- Stay at a cabin located by the lake. Each cabin will be shared by 4-10 people. Each cabin has amenities (shower and bathroom, refrigerator, tea set, etc) and sleeping gear. The larger cabins have 2-3 bedrooms and a private kitchen.
- There is one general store right next to the property, and another general store (a convenience store) a 3 minute walk from the property.
Access to the venue: A free shuttle bus is available to and from the venue. The bus ride takes 10 minutes.
- Japanese Style Inn(JINKEI-EN)
Japanese Style Inn(JINKEI-EN)(total sleeping capacity 56 people)
Stay at an old Japanese-style bed and breakfast. Nestled by a stream surrounded by deep green forest, JINKEI-EN has an old Japanese atmosphere, where you can enjoy a 24-hours hot-spring.
JINKEI-EN offers two dormitory rooms (one for 12 people, one for 18 people), and seven shared rooms (two for 3 people, and five for 4 people).
Access to the venue: A free shuttle bus is available to and from the venue. The bus ride takes 20 minutes.
Transport from the airport to the venue
Please note that your registration fee does NOT include transportation costs between the airport and Fujino and the return trip to the airport. You need to pay directly at the time when you purchase train/bus tickets.
More details of the transport and our support service will be given to you on "Transportation" page.
A school nurse (a teacher with training in First Aid) will be available during the conference. In the event of more serious medical issues we will telephone the appropriate medical services and an ambulance will be called if necessary.
However, it is the participants' responsibility to arrange travel insurance before leaving for Japan. Medical expenses in Japan can be very expensive without insurance.